Comic Pull List – Defined!
For example, if you never want to miss an issue of Amazing Spider-Man, you could add Amazing Spider-Man to your pull list, and get every issue of Amazing Spider-Man.
What will I get with my pull list?
Who uses a comic pull list?
For the store owner, knowing who gets what helps to simplify ordering, and gives them a good gauge for how many copies they need to order.
In recent years, many publishers are printing only enough copies to fulfill “initial orders”, so if a store doesn’t know how many copies they need based off of their pull lists, they may not order enough copies, and may end up disappointing their customers!
Pros and Cons of a comic pull list:
Advantages of having a comic pull list:
- Never miss an issue! No matter how popular a title gets, you can be sure that you’ll get a copy of it.
- It helps your local shop with their orders, and ensures a base level of sales every month.
- You will know what has arrived for you every week. No more disappointing trips to the shop to find out there’s nothing for you.
Disadvantages of having a comic pull list
- Some stores ask you to commit to a minimum number of titles to start a pull list
- You are making a commitment to buy the comics in your pull list.
- If you decide not to, your list could be cancelled
- You’re committing to a title even if it’s a fill in issue, or not part of the regular story
- You may need to give your store some notice before adding or dropping a title. Orders are made three weeks before release date.
How to make a pull list
Making a comics pull list is easy, just create a list of the comics you want to buy every month, and take it in to your local comic store. If your store uses Manage Comics, you can enter your list directly on their website – usually under “Subscriptions” in their navigation (see our Manage Comics Store Locations to find a store in your area).
How does Manage Comics help with Pull Lists?
For Store Owners:
We also make your initial orders dead simple! You can download an initial order file and directly to your distributor’s website.